Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Necrons

Here is some pictures of necrons I painted recently. I have chosen light brown theme with bronze details. I have used dark grey and black wash as base color, dry brushed lead breacher metal color and used brown wash to make the metallic parts of the body. Finnishing touches were made with fortress grey. Goblin green, scorpion green and rotting flesht were used for tubes. Shoulder armor has brown tau color XV-88, then brown wash was added and finally drybrushed with karak stone for highlight. The edges of shoulder armor is also highlighted with bleached bone.

Necron Immortals with Tesla Carbine

Necron Immortals and Warriors
Warriors. I used some brown wash to make metal more worn and weathered
Necron Ghost ark. I have chosen wasteland theme on bases.  There is rusted necron corpse on the base with fallen tree and stones.

Inside of the ark. Painting all those warriors with same detail as individual warriors was a lot of work. I had to paint this model in thousand pieces.
Canoptek Wraiths. Maybe the best looking necron models along Triach Stalker. I take great pride on these.

2 comments:

  1. How did you do the brown on the Arc and Wraiths? Same as shoulders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as shoulders, but without the bleached bone rim. I also used drier brush in dry brushing so the finish is bit darker than in shoulder pads.

      Delete